Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Matt Cooke: Riding the Fire Truck. All around. Circle. All good things.

A standing ovation in front of a sellout crowd in the home opener... Moving.

Scoring his 3rd goal in four games to tie the league lead in goals scored... Impressive.

Getting to ride the fire truck... Priceless.



There's plenty of reasons for the rest of the league to hate him. I don't care who you are, you have to give the man credit. It's not easy to turn it around when there are so many people waiting for you to fail. I admit I was one of the skeptics. Slowly, Matt Cooke is making me a believer. If he can pull it off (scoring consistently and staying away from controversy), he's my vote for the Bill Masterton Award. It would take a monumental amount of perseverance and dedication to the sport to accomplish that kind of turn around.

Good luck, Cookie.

(Image thanks to Sabrina Sin Bin on Twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment